Sports - General Organisation
This sports guide outlines sporting opportunities at Hauraki School. While every effort is made to ensure details are correct, sometimes information is subject to change beyond our control.
- Our overall sports coordinator is deputy principal, Mr Christopher Pipes email@example.com
- Please make sure you read fortnightly newsletters and this website for sporting updates.
- We are grateful for the assistance of parents and family in the form of coaching, managing and umpiring/refereeing. To ensure we can offer as many sports as possible, we need your support. Please tick the box when registering to indicate how you can help.
- All children in years 5 and 6 are strongly encouraged to play at least one representative sport.
- Fees: All fees are to be paid in full by the registration date as detailed for each sport.
- Practices: Team members must attend at least one training each week for the sport that you sign up to. Trainings may be at lunch times, outside of school hours or on the weekends. This is dependent on team placement and availability of the team coach. For all out of school sports, it is parents/caregivers responsibility to ensure that students are at practices and that they can be transported to and from games.
- Uniforms: All sports uniforms are provided by the school for the season. A rental fee of $10 is normally included in the registration fee. It is expected that these uniforms be looked after and returned clean and in good condition at the end of the season.
- All team members, parents, coaches and managers are required to sign a code of conduct at the beginning of each season.
Hauraki School Sports Opportunities
The representative sports we offer outside school hours at Hauraki are below.
Click on links for more details of each:
- Basketball for years 5/6 – children can play one or two semesters, March-June and July-December.
- Hockey for years 3-6 played in terms 2 and 3. Possible summer league maybe offered in addition.
- Netball for years 2-6 played in terms 2 and 3. Possible summer league may be offered in addition.
Inter-School sporting opportunities offered in school hours are as follows.
Click on links for more details:
- Touch rugby for years 2-6 played for 8 weeks in term 4.
- Tackle rugby normally for years 5 and 6.
- Rippa rugby for years 3-6 in terms 2 and 3.
- Soccer for year 4-6 in terms 2 and 3.
- Cricket for years 4-6 in term 1.
- Swimming is a focus for all students for the first 6 weeks of term 1 and the last 2-3 weeks of term 4.
- Cross country is part of the P.E. programme in term 2 that culminates in an annual school event in term 2.
- Athletics is also part of the P.E. programme that culminates in an annual event in term 4.
- Waterwise is a sailing programme for all year 6 students that takes place fortnightly in terms 1 and 4.
- Gymnastics for years 3-6 in term 4 that includes participating in a North Shore Schools competition.
- Skiing for year 3-6 students in term 3 that involves participation in the North Island Primary Schools competition at Mt Ruapehu.