Basketball is offered at Hauraki School normally for years 5 and 6. The first semester is from February to June and the second semester is July to December. Both boys and girls are able to play and have the option of playing for one or two semesters.
The year 5 competition is normally played on Thursdays after school between 3.30pm and 8.30 pm and year 6 teams play on Fridays 3.30 -8.30pm at the North Shore Basketball Centre, Akoranga Drive, Northcote.
Registration / Draws
Payments for registrations can be made online via the school's bank account. Online banking details here
Teacher in Charge
Mrs Melanie Sloan email@example.com
- Parents/Caregivers are informed via school newsletters and this website as soon as information is available, normally February, from North Shore Basketball Association about competitions and registration details.
- The teacher in charge of basketball will call for expressions of interest for team members, coaches/managers, availability for practice times, and likely venues for practices. Once received teams will be allocated, then registered. Please note each team must have a coach and a manager to be registered.
- All students, parents and students will be provided with their team for the season as well as the time and venue for practices.
- All coaches, managers, parents and children will be required to sign a code of conduct that reflects the values of Hauraki School. It is the school’s expectation that this is adhered to at all times.
- All children will be provided with a uniform by the school once payment is made.
- Coaches/managers will be advised of available coaching/training sessions for upskilling at the beginning of the season.
- Updates of coaching clinics and so forth will be posted in newsletters and on the website. Please check regularly.
- Provide school office with scores immediately after each game for the school newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org